Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some days you just wish Al Gore would be right....

It's the top of the calendar, January 3rd, and I flew out of Buffalo this morning in a blinding snowstorm in what can charitably be called bone-cold arctic wind. I ended up three hours later in Florida, which is suffering a particularly cold 45 - 50 degree snap... about 20 degrees lower than normal for this time of year.

CNN reported today that Beijing is facing such bitter and heavy snowfall that they may shut down due to it, even while millions are still returning from holiday travels. They say it's he worst winter weather they've faced in 40 years. Two years ago my boss, a Chinese man, sent images of cars covered in six inches of ice and pointed out that this is far from normal weather... as a way of explaining that some of our custom overseas shipments were likely to see delays.

The December summit in Copenhagen to formalize a world-wide treaty against Global Warming was itself uncharacteristically walloped with a heavy snowstorm unlike that seen in years.

Even as the United State's most esteemed Liberal Democrats pressed forward their doomsday agenda of Socialized taxation... ummm... 'scuze me... I meant to say Socialized Healthcare, Washington DC got... you guessed it... snowed under.

Gotta love God... he's got a great sense of humor.

I'm Dr. Calamity and I approve this message

(Supplemental: I'm reporting from Orlando, FL on this.... the local news down here says that the state is experiencing the coldest temperatures in over a decade.... it's going down to freezing overnight tonight. Global Warming my ass!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment