Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Color of The Nation....

The fun is really happening, friends. We can't reference how Hussein is a different color than the rest of the presidents because that would be racism. We were told the election race wasn't about color... that is until the morning of the election, and then that's all it was about...

Now Racism is having it's ugly head reared over the recent Chimp Attack cartoon the NY Post ran with the one cop telling the other that they had better find someone else to write the new stimulus package as they stand over the dead body of the chimp that had just gone nutty and started attacking a woman (critically, I might add....) and a police officer. It seems that the issue was that Hussein was being compared to a chimpanzee.

Now to be fair, historically Blacks have been unkindly linked to primates in a rather unpleasant reference to their supposed lack of evolutionary advancement. I get that and I get that that is a very hurtful thing. I grok that no one wants to be tarred with an epithet of "not quite human".

But Hussein didn't pen the Stimulus, he simply spends it. No, the true authors of this warped little document were Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. They oversaw the crafting of this 800 Billion Dollar boondoggle and it was their agenda that was being passed along.

Somehow, the idea that Nancy Pelosi is being compared to a rampaging savage Chimpanzee ripping people in twain and caring not a whit for the lives or hopes of those who are simply nearby is oddly as appropriate a metaphor as anyone could have crafted. Her recent comment that she didn't come to Washington DC to be Bi-Partisan seems right up that poor departed chimp's alley.

And the racism continues... get this one, folks...

Black Atty. General Eric Holder contends that we as Americans are afraid to discuss racial issues. He suggests that for Black people to bring the subject up risks having one's character questioned. I'm not sure what exactly he's talking about. It's quite possible he's telling the truth. To be honest the problem, however, lies more in the black community than it does in the white community. I know that sounds like a rascist line in and of itself, but hear me out....

Notable activist producer/actor/comedian Bill Cosby, who's TV work hasn't exactly inspired me in the past twenty years, has come out on more than one occasion to chastise blacks for basically living the stereotype. Going on welfare, getting into gangs, insulting blacks who try to do better, and generally acting like whites are expected to think they would. You know what, he's right.

If racism is going to end it will take more than just having an idiot-savant crammed down our throats as the new Messiah.... it'll take more than a showy holiday in February... it'll take the courage to do the right thing in the face of peer pressure. It'll take the risk of leaving Africa behind and joining the citizens of America where you, your father, your grandfather and likely your great grandfather were born. Then you 're going to have to do something you really don't want to do.... let go of the anger.

Any psychiatrist or psychologist out there dealing with patients who hold onto their anger tell them the same thing. Let it go. Don't let the anger turn you. Anger is a force for positive change until it hangs on too long and becomes a force for vengeance.

Stop using racism as a catch-all defense. It loses its credibility when it gets applied to things non-sensically like in the case of what I just read on CNN.com (it vanished almost immediately after I had read it, too.... by the way....) in which the South Carolina Governorn criticized any criticism of the Stimulus package as a slap in the face to African Americans everywhere.

WTF?

He also took to task the rather insightful and brave motions of several governors in other states that all have said they will have to review the payments to their states from the stimulus carefully, for the cost of those benefits may come with toomany strings attached.

How odd to hear a human voice amidst all that sound and fury... people who still don't want to be given handouts. How positively refreshing.

This S.C. Governor made a point of complaining that these comments hurt what he so righteously called the "Black Belt", meaning the southern grouping of black constituents. As the article vanished before I could fully read it I'm afraid that the reasoning behind that was lost to me. I swear I went back and could not find it just a minute later... anywhere on cnn.com.

So what is the point of all this? Simple. The white people are not corralling and separating the black people. The Black people are doing that to themselves. Not all of them, but a majority of them. And worse than that, State leaders are now openly saying that they are there only to represent a portion of their constituency.

Once we all agree that we all bleed red and we all live in the same land we can start to discuss these issues openly and resolve them. And then... maybe then.... we can get tothe really important crap like retarded idiots in charge of us all building a massive government and spending money that it seems nobody anywhere has.

Oh boy.. there I go... offending the mentally handicapped now by associating them with Congress. I'll pay dearly for that one, I'm sure. Nobody likes to be thought of as "not-quite-human" after all.

I'm Dr. Calamity and I approve this message.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I think this was a FANTASTIC post. Very well written and it makes complete sense. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that. I'm mildly cash-strapped lately so I can not afford to get a new and distinct.com address for a little bit, but in the meantime I want to join the choir, as many are already doing, to speak out.

    I hope sincerely that I will be heard, not because I want anyone to say "hey, good job", but because the message is so important. I truly believe we are seeing a worst-case scenario that puts us a few steps away from Gestapo territory.

    I doubt I will make much change in the world,here, but hopefully I will get someone else's blood boiling, and they will get someone else's blood going, and so on.

    Hope you still enjoy this as I keep on ranting. And again, thanks for letting me know you are out there. A good rant is not worth anything unless someone's there to hear it.Just ask Christian Bale.

    ReplyDelete