Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Errata....

Okay... okay... you got me... I WAS WRONG. I confess....

It seems that I was only able to catch the speech last night in a few short increments while family life annoyingly kept interfering.

Normally the teleprompters are located a short distance in front of, and to the right and left of, president hussein. I was very surprised to see him making eye contact and when they did a couple of long-shots I was pleased to see no teleprompters.

Apparently eagle-eyed viewers who actually paid attention saw a large 52" HD monitor acting as the teleprompter, and that was situated so that hussein could appear to be looking into the camera while he spoke.

Now, don't get me wrong, in and of themselves teleprompters are useful tools, and I do not denigrate him from using them, excepting that it has helped to shape an image of a man unable to make eye-contact with his victi... I mean constituents.

Many politicians and other public speakers have used them before, it's just that they are not relied on to the degree that this guy does. As if his entire life is scripted hours before he lives it.

Anyhow, I am sorry I was wrong. I'm more sorry he was elected, but mostly here I'm sorry I was wrong.

I don't want to belabor this point anyhow because it's pretty well-worn territory on Rush Limbaugh, but if I make a mistake I feel honor-bound to own up to it.

I'm Dr. Calamity and I approve this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment